Litchfield National Park Day Tour from Darwin
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your first stop is to see the magnetic and cathedral termite mounds that rise like pillars from the ground. Your guide will explain the different types of termites and point out which termite mounds are which.
Next stop is to Florence Falls where you come to a 135-step stairway that descends to the fantastic natural swimming hole surrounded by
monsoon forest. After spending some time swimming and taking in the beauty of Florence Falls. At midday, stop for a cold buffet lunch at the Litchfield Cafe and try some of their world-famous cheesecake.
After lunch return to your coach for a short drive to Wangi Falls. The falls flow year-round, pouring into a giant swimming hole flanked by rainforest. In the drier months, the pools are great for a swim. During the wet season, the currents can be too strong for safe swimming.
In the late afternoon continue to Tolmer Falls for great views of this stunning waterfall that cascades into a deep rock pool.
Next your tour will head out of Litchfiled National Park and back to Darwin. On the drive home your guide will talk about the traditional owners of this land, who are the Wagait Aboriginal people, many of whom live in the area.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Darwin Transit Centre
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring sun protection, insect repellent, water bottle, swim wear and towel
- Please note: during the wet season your itinerary may differ slightly
07.00 - Alatai Apartments
07.05 - Argus Apartments
07.00 - Banyan View Motel
07.05 - Barramundi Lodge
07.50 - Boomerang Caravan Park
07.00 - Cavanagh Hotel
07.50 - Coolalinga Caravan Park
06.55 - City Garden Apartments
06.55 - Cullen Bay Apartments
07.10 - Darwin Central Hotel
07.30 - Discovery Holiday Park
07.15 - DoubleTree Hilton Esplanade Darwin
07.15 - DoubleTree Hilton Darwin
07.40 - Free Spirit Resort
07.10 - H Hotel
07.30 - Hidden Valley Caravan Park
07.10 - Hilton Darwin
07.50 - Howard Springs Caravan Park (Hwy)
07.05 - Mantra Pandanas
07.05 - Marrakai Apartments
07.05 - Mediterranean
07.15 - Novotel Atrium
07.15 - Palms City Resort
07.45 - Rydges Palmerston
06.55 - SkyCity
07.20 - Transit Centre
07.05 - Travelodge Mirambeena Resort
06.55 - Vibe Waterfront
07.05 - YHA Globetrotters
Reviewed by: ivang, May 2016
Great driver/guide who kept us informed and entertained throughout the day. The waterfalls were wonderful, lunch was good and there were sufficient but not excessive comfort stops. We were picked up on time and returned home as expected. Recommended tour
Reviewed by: Peter H, May 2016
A great day trip and Deb was a fantastic guide.