3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure
Departing Darwin at around 7am, enjoy the short 1.5-hour trip by air-conditioned 4WD to Litchfield National Park. Accompanied by your professional guide, explore Litchfield's beautiful sandstone escarpments and waterfalls. Enjoy swims in plunge pools at the Florence and Wangi waterfalls, and follow streams meandering along the base of towering sandstone cliffs. After lunch in Litchfield National Park, spot saltwater crocodiles, buffalos, waterbirds and other wildlife on your private two-hour cruise through the Mary River wetlands. You're bound to spot crocs, as Mary River has one of the highest concentrations of salties in the world. Next, enjoy a scenic drive by 4WD along the Marraki Road to your Mary River campsite. Enjoy a swim and dinner around the campfire before turning in for the night.
Overnight: camping accommodation at Mary River
Day 2: Litchfield National Park - Twin Falls Gorge -- Jim Jim Falls - Kakadu National Park (B, L, D)
Start the day early with breakfast at your campsite before traveling to Twin Falls Gorge by 4WD, boat shuttle, walking track and boardwalk. Rest on the gorge's sandy banks and admire the falls, before continuing to Jim Jim Falls by 4WD. Enjoy a walk through monsoon forest and a short climb over boulders to reach the falls, and take a refreshing swim in the picturesque plunge pool surrounded by sandstone cliffs. Spend the afternoon at this lovely Kakadu highlight, then relax on the return trip by 4WD to your Darwin accommodation. Tonight, you have the option to sleep out under the stars in a traditional swag -- the outback term for a bedroll, your swag contains a mattress, sheet and pillow for a comfortable night's sleep!
Overnight: camping accommodation at Cooinda
Day 3: Kakadu National Park – Darwin (B, L)
After breakfast at your campsite, take a short hike to Nawurlandja lookout and witness spectacular views of the escarpment country, Norulangie and Anbangbang Billabong. Next, enjoy the scenic drive to Ubirr in the East Alligator region of Kakadu National Park. Hear the Aboriginal Dreamtime story of the Rainbow Serpent, interpreted by your guide, as you admire the ancient rock art at Ubirr, a collection of rocky outcrops dotting the flat flood plain. See ancient impressions of turtles, possums and wallabies depicted on the rock walls, and admire the views over the surrounding flood plain into neighboring Arnhem Land. After lunch visit the Bowali visitor centre, see audio visual presentations and Marrawuddi gallery showcasing Aboriginal art by artists within the Kakadu region. This afternoon, relax as your guide returns you back to Darwin.
Please note: During the wet season from November to March, the itinerary is subject to change due to limited access to areas within national parks.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure in non-permanent tents.
USD $414.03Pricing details
Share Permanent Tents
3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure in share permanent tents.
USD $450.03Pricing details
Private Permanent Tent
3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure in private permanent tents.
USD $702.05Pricing details
- Small-group tour
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Glass of wine with evening meal
- Non- alcoholic Beverages
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2 nights accommodation
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Twin Falls boat shuttle fee is an additional AUD$12.50 payable on day of departure (seasonal)
- Optional Camel ride. Book and pay direct
- National Park fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note: there are no single tents. Single travelers will be paired up with a traveler of the same sex in a shared tent.
- Please bring a torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle, walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack. Maximum of 22lbs (10kg)
- Permanent tent option provides: Linen, pillow, towel, pillow case, sheet and sleeping bag
- Non-permanent tent option provides: Sleeping bag, mattress and self-erected tent
- Maximum 16 passengers
If you cancel between 14 and 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 75 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Marie K, June 2015
Absolutely fantastic and would recommend to All
Reviewed by: ROCHELLE P, May 2015
Fantastic tour, we had a bus full of young fun loving people and we had a ball. Mel was our driver/guide and she showed us all of the amazing waterfalls and swimming holes, she told us about the termite mounds and other features of the outback. The food was fresh and plentiful. Dinner the first night was a BBQ with steaks, sausages and salads with lots of wine. We never felt rushed and had plenty of time to explore the beautiful water holes and waterfalls. I would definitely recommend this tour but take the Aerogard, good walking shoes and sunblock. There is a lot of climbing up rocky hills at Litchfield.