Small-Group Tour: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Evening Lava Adventure
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
2pm from Hilo
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs from Kona
Tour departs from Hilo
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
- Full dinner
- Military-grade LED flashlights
- Walking sticks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Sturdy walking shoes are recommended
- Red lava cannot be guaranteed on this tour. Walking distances and viewing opportunities will vary depending on volcanic activity, which changes constantly. Federal, state or county officials may close or open the lava viewing area at any time depending on conditions and hazards present. Every attempt is made to get as safely as possible to the lava viewing area and tours depart whether the area is currently open or closed as conditions do change constantly.
- The drive from Kona to Hilo is approximately 2.5 hours each way with stops along the way.
- Itinerary may be altered due to weather or volcanic activity.
Choice of included beverage
Choice of one main course:
Grilled Herb Chicken: Served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed local kale from Johnson Farms, and a lemon macadamia nut butter sauce
Coconut Crusted Fried Mahimahi: With jasmine rice, stir fried bok choy, and a ginger mango sauce
Island Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry: Served with coconut jasmine rice and fresh pineapple
Keiki Choice (kids choice):
Hot Dog: all beef frank on a Punalu'u Bake shop roll, served with french fries
Pasta: Waimea tomato marinara sauce or butter and cheese
Pizza: Pepperoni or three cheese
Reviewed by: Karen S, October 2014
It was fantastic. Our tour guide Avia (Sp ???) was excellent. She was very informed about everything asked of her. Very knowledgeable about the Island. BUT, I thought my husband tipped her and he thought I did. This has been on my mind since we left and I need to know an address to send her something. Please make this possible for me. Karen Smith
Reviewed by: Nancy G, September 2014
Very worthwhile trip. Enjoyed our guide. Best part was seeing the volcano at night!